Saturday, December 26, 2009

Anyone had a 1997 dodge stratus or dodge strus any year and have problems with it leaking oil?

I put a new head gasket on it and still leaking oil anyone else have this problem, trying to figure out what it might be, tell me your experience with you car please if you had a dodge stratus any help would be great thanks.Anyone had a 1997 dodge stratus or dodge strus any year and have problems with it leaking oil?
if you put a head gasket on it without having the head checked then you may still have problems,i own one of those cars with 120 thousand miles on it and i haven't had any problems from it yet,other than minor tune ups and regular maintenance,besides that a head gasket usually wont leak oil,the valve cover gasket will which is on the head,those are good cars though,so if your having problems you might want to let a mechanic look at it for you,it might save you some money,you cant replace a head gasket its self without having the head checked to see if its warped or has any cracks in it,your oil leak may be coming from something other than the head,good luck.Anyone had a 1997 dodge stratus or dodge strus any year and have problems with it leaking oil?
I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus and just recently had the 'oil switch' in it replaced because that was the cause of an oil leak I had with mine. I would have the oil switch checked. Once the switch was replaced, the oil leak stopped. It didn't cost much to fix, though it depends on where you take it to have it put in. I took mine to FireStone Complete Auto Care and it only cost me $80.00 + in change. :D Have that oil switch checked out. That's most likely the cause. The reason it went on me wasn't because it was a faulty switch from the manufacturer or anything. I asked the mechanic at Firestone. He said it was wear-n-tear - that's all. I love the car though - won't trade it for anything - :) Hope this helps.
My 1995 Stratus did the same thing. The DOHC 2.4 leaks oil out of the head. There is a replacement gasket that is supposed to cure the problem but it usually costs more to have the head job done that it does to add a quart every other week. I put 80k miles on my Stratus with it leaking oil, drove it all over the east doing 12-18 hour trips at a time and the engine never game me any real problems, but the transmission died at about the 200k mark. It has since been replaced with a 97 Breeze.
well theres many things you can still check. You replaced the gasket but the head could be a lil warped so it doesnt sit properly..You could also check the valve cover gasket. Mine was leaking at the back half of the engine. You could also need a drain plug..Mine drips every now and then to..I have a 2000 chrysler cirrus its the same as your car except its the chrysler version and it needs a headgasket to.Honestly i guess these cars just suck...and leak oil too much lol..Hopefully this is helpful to you

No comments:

Post a Comment