Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My jetta i just got has oil problems, any advice?

I just got this 2000 jetta gls its got 134000 miles and its burning through oil pretty quick and im not quite sure where it is going. do i need to use synthetic oil or will regular 10w30 be alright? can someone help i love this car and dont wanna blow it up?My jetta i just got has oil problems, any advice?
At the auto part store, you can pickup a can of ';restore'; it will help. If not there are some others you can get. I wouldn't pay the cost of synthetic oil. 10w30 will work fine. Just remember that by adding these products you are delaying the inevitable of a engine rebuild.My jetta i just got has oil problems, any advice?
How much do you love this car? I'd sell it if I were you, because you won't like the repair bill if you get it diagnosed. She's getting old but some idiot will buy it. Like someone on these boards. Theres a 16-year-old looking for a first car, make a deal.
I don't know why your engine is losing oil, but I wouldn't use synthetic


oil. Too costly. Try using a heavier weight oil such as 15W40 to slow down the lost of oil. I also don't know how well the vehicle was main-


tained. Sounds like you may need an overhaul on the engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment