Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can i work offshore on vessels and oil rigs with polycystic kidneys? i suffer no pain or problems and i am 26?

I have had an interview and they thought i rocked but i want some definite details bout the medical side before they make the job offer and 2 weeks down the line during my medical i get canned.Can i work offshore on vessels and oil rigs with polycystic kidneys? i suffer no pain or problems and i am 26?
The biggest concern for PKD patients is to keep good blood pressure control. If you check it often and it's not elevated then I don't think you'll have a problem. My 2 sisters and my brother all have PKD and have successfully worked many different jobs. Just as with anyone, eating well, exercising and keeping things in moderation you can do fine, as long as you really stay on top of elevated blood pressure. There are lots of other kidney patients and caregivers who can answer questions and give support on the message forum at http://www.ihatedialysis.com/forum/. Online discussions are a great way to connect with those with kidney disease. I wish you the best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment