Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Mechanic advised me to replace my Water Pump to help fix and oil leak, are these related problems?

WITHOUT THE YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL IT IS DIFFICULT TO ANSWER BUT IN MOST CASES THE ANSWER WOULD BE NO.My Mechanic advised me to replace my Water Pump to help fix and oil leak, are these related problems?
Year, make and model of car? Doubtful...oil passages in the block are not connected to the water passages for the water pump...I'd get a second opinion.My Mechanic advised me to replace my Water Pump to help fix and oil leak, are these related problems?
What kind of car and engine? I've never seen an engine where the coolant systems and the oil passages have anything to do with each other like that. Sounds kinda fishy to me.
Water pump keeps water flowin throught engine to keep it cool, maybe oil leak is due to engine overheating?? some times a little oil gets into water jacket too?? a causes a leak??
no

No comments:

Post a Comment