Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why do I have problems frying in olive oil?

Whenever I use olive oil to shallow fry breaded things (chicken, eggplant, etc) the oil starts to blacken relatively quickly and it generates a lot of smoke. It also tends to come out a little greasy. I don't have these issues with canola or vegitable oil. Any tips?Why do I have problems frying in olive oil?
Canola oil and vegetable oil have higher levels of tolerance for heat that Olive oil doesn't.





Personally, I would not fry anything in olive oil - especially EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) because I think the taste is horrible when the oil is heated.





If you really, really insist on using olive oil, please use a lower heat level. Heat the pan first, then add the oil and heat it before adding the meat. Your coating should stay on better, and you shouldn't have as much burning problems.Why do I have problems frying in olive oil?
I've been frying with olive oil for years. Too much of your breading could be coming off. The pan is too hot. Both these things will cause you problem. One more thing, do not use Pomace olive oil as it's the worst garbage you can use.
Either your heat is too high, or you're overcrowding your pan. Also, olive oil has a low smoke point, so it's easier to burn. Try using half olive oil and half butter.





You can also try using grapeseed oil, because it has a very high smoke point.
You don't use olive oil for frying. The smoke point is low. It will burn.
You heat is too high.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment