Monday, April 26, 2010

95 buick skylark oil problems?

I just had my oil changed in my car and my oil light came back on a day later so i checked it and my oil was dry, i refilled it, got home from work that night and bam it was dry again, there was a puddle underneath my car at work, what could possible problems be and what will it cost me to repair.


and before i get comment on it, i only drove it home from work 2 miles away and havent driven it since, im smart enough to know it shouldnt even be driven at all without oil i just had no othr option at the time.


thank you in advance95 buick skylark oil problems?
Most likely your oil filter isn't sealing.


Or your oil plug is loose.


Try tightening the filter first.95 buick skylark oil problems?
If you were not having the problem before you had the oil changed, call who ever did the oil change and have them tow it in and fix it.
The crew that serviced it may have not tighened the drain plug properly, or the filter. They may have put the new oil filter on with the old gasket still in place.
i would definately check the oil plug.... it may be loose, or put on with old copper seal. i've also heard of places not putting it back in at all! also check the new filter...may be loose as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment