Monday, April 26, 2010

Oil Problems... Peugeot 106 XNd 1.4 (diesel) 93-reg?

My oil pressure and engine temperate warning lights came on the other day.


I noticed my oil cap was missing and oil had been chucked all over my recently cleaned engine bay.


I topped up with oil and carefully (high gear to keep engine speed down) drove from garage to parts dealer to scrapyard looking for a replacement oil cap.


A few days of the 15minute run to-and-from work and I notice a slight scratching noise from the engine, most noticeable just after start-up.


Also there doesnt seem to be much oil getting to the top of the engine -before camshaft used to spit oil out but now no oil escapes when the oil cap is taken off.


A replacement cap has been fitted but I think my oil pump may have gone?


My exhaust is a little smoky, especially on start-up -oil seals?


Also the engine-vacuum assistance for the brakes doesn't always work-connectd 2 camshft


Can anyone help please?


What Id like to know is whats most likely to have happend happend/why+how to go about fixing it on the cheapOil Problems... Peugeot 106 XNd 1.4 (diesel) 93-reg?
with the oil cap off and oil blowing out the fill,it only takes minutes to ruin your motor.you have answered most of your questions in your question correctly. it may be by chance that your oil pump was going bad at the same time. replace oil pump and go from there. you will probably need the valves and seals replaced as well. lets not hope you scored the cylinder walls in the process.good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment